The Strong-Bolt is a wedge anchor specifically designed for optimum performance in both cracked and uncracked concrete; a requirement that the 2003 and 2006 IBC place on post-installed anchors. Rigorously tested according to the newest industry-wide criteria, the Strong-Bolt is proven to offer increased reliability in the most adverse conditions, including proper functioning in cracked concrete under static and seismic loading. The proprietary tri-segmented clip has dual undercutting embossments on each segment which enable secondary or - follow-up - expansion if a crack forms and intersects the anchor location. This significantly increases the ability of the Strong-Bolt to carry load if the hole opened slightly due to a crack. The Strong-Bolt sets like a standard wedge anchor and is available in Imperial fractional sizes.
- Tri-segmented clip: Each segment is able to adjust independently increasing follow-up expansion should the hole increase in size as a result of a crack.
- Dual embossments on each clip segment: Allows the clip to undercut into the concrete increasing follow-up expansion should a crack occur.
- 316 stainless steel clip: In addition to superior corrosion resistance, a stainless steel clip offers better "memory". This memory contributes to the anchor's performance should the hole size increase due to a crack.
- Imperial fractional sized anchor: Fits most fixtures and installs with common drill bits sizes and tools. No need to buy additional tools to install a metric anchor and no special couplers needed.
- Installs like a standard wedge anchor: No complicated installation procedure. No need for special bits or installation tools.
- No equal sign stamped into the head: Easy identification after installation.
- MATERIAL - Carbon steel stud with 316 stainless steel clip FINISH - Zinc plated
Get Complete Details at Simpson Strong-Tie
- UsesInterior environment where low levels of moisture and corrosive chemicals are present.
- Suggested SpecificationsStrong-Bolt anchors shall be an imperial-sized steel threaded stud with an integral cone expander and a three-segment expansion clip. The stud shall be manufactured from carbon steel and the expansion clip shall have two undercutting embossments per segment and be manufactured from 316 stainless steel. The anchor shall have been tested and qualified for performance in cracked concrete per ACI 355.2 and ICC-ES AC193. Anchors shall be Strong-Bolts from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA, and be installed following Simpson Strong-Tie's instructions.
- Test Criteria
The Strong-Bolt has been tested in accordance with the ICC-ES Acceptance
Criteria for Mechanical Anchors in Concrete Elements (AC193) and ACI 355.2
for the following:
- Static tension and shear loading in cracked and uncracked concrete
- Seismic and wind loading in cracked and uncracked concrete
- Performance in cracked concrete
- Performance in lightweight concrete over metal deck
Vibratory Load Testing: A 150 lb. concrete block was
suspended from a 1/2 " diameter anchor embedded at 2 1/4 " and vibrated for 12.6
million cycles at a frequency of 30 Hz and an amplitude of 0.025 inches.
Subsequent load test showed no reduction in ultimate tension capacity.